- Reference No: LO70
- Location: New Lanark
- Hours: Full & Part Time
- Salary: NMW
Working as part of the Food & Beverage team within our busy 38-bedroom four-star Hotel you will be a hard-working individual who is passionate about providing great customer service. You will take pride in your personal appearance, and in your work, environment too ensuring the restaurant is clean and tidy at all times. You will have a positive mind set and interact with our guests making them feel welcome and relaxed. You will be knowledgeable when it comes to taking orders/serving and be able to upsell at every opportunity.
Hours will be:
- Permanent/Part Time/Casual/Variable hours.
- 2-5 days out of 7, whichever suits you best.
- Mixture of shifts including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, whichever suits you best.
- Career progression and development opportunities.
- Staff meal on duty.
- Use of leisure facility at our hotel.
- Free onsite parking.
- Flexible working pattern.
- Opportunity to gain an SVQ Qualification.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Help to create and maintain a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere.
- Give full cooperation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt and helpful manner.
- Be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business and guests needs.
- Follow the shift open and closing procedures accurately and ensure bar and restaurant are set to the required standards.
- Promote a helpful and professional image to hotel guests by giving full cooperation to any guest requiring assistance, with a prompt and caring attitude.
- Anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance client satisfaction.
- Proactively encourage guests to provide feedback on guest comment cards or online internet sites.
- Ensure departmental minimum standards of performance are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure staff dress code is adhered to at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable duty asked of you by Line Manager or the General Manager.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to work on your own but also an effective team player.
- Good time management and ability to work under pressure.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Good communication skills.