- Reference No: LO08
- Location: Blantyre
- Hours: Full Time (38hrs Mon-Thur)
- Salary: from £9.50ph D.O.E
We are one of Scotland’s leading trade providers of Highland Wear. We make made to measure garments for customers in the UK and worldwide with views to expanding in the near future.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Due to a recent company growth we are currently in need of a Quality Control and Garment Finisher to work on our busy factory floor. This will include buttoning jackets, waistcoats and trousers, checking for errors, flaws and mistakes, and prepping orders ready for dispatch.
The role is full time working 38hours Monday to Thursday
Overtime opportunities are also available during busy periods.
We operate a basic salary plus bonus system and salary can vary on experience which can be discussed at interview.
- Check garments in order to see any problems with manufacture.
- Monitoring operations to ensure that they meet production standards.
- Buttoning and cleaning garments at the end of the line ready for dispatch.
- Provide feedback regarding problems to the supervisor.
- Straighten garments that need to be pressed.
- Apply finishing touches to clothes pressed in machines, by using hand or steam irons.
- Assist in performing the pre and post treatment of stains on clothes and linen.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of work areas, such as ironing boards.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
Full training will be given to all suitable candidates however at least 1 year industry experience is preferred.