- Reference No: CD51
- Location: East Kilbride
- Hours: 40hrs per week
- Salary: £23,545.60
East Kilbride Company are currently seeking to appoint a Security Officer to join their World Host Customer Care trained team. Reporting to their Security Supervisor you will be involved in various activities which include assisting their customers.
They believe that their customers are their number one priority therefore to be part of their successful team you will require to have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. You will also have an outstanding understanding of customer care and attention to detail is essential
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish friendly, co-operative, and professional relationships with Police, local Crime Prevention Team, Fire, Ambulance, Tenants, and Centre Contractors.
- To give all proper and reasonable assistance to the public in a courteous and efficient manner, without detriment to yourself or your employer.
- To always behave in a professional and appropriate manner clearly defined in the terms and conditions of employment with the additional employment policies from your employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to operate all fire suppression equipment, report any faulty equipment to the duty controller for immediate action.
- Deal with all emergencies arising from the Centre, attending serious incidents within the centre in consultation with Police, Fire Brigade etc. includes decisions to evacuate the centre.
- To ensure that all safety regulations, claims and incident procedures, including smoking restrictions, are observed. Any unsafe practices should be reported directly to your Line Manager.
- Ensure all incidents and accidents are recorded in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Where instances of theft, malicious damage or causing fear and alarm to the public have taken place or have taken place against company property or the property of employees whilst in the Centre, to detain any person who is committing, or with reasonable cause, is suspected to be in the act of committing such offences.
- Ensure you will maintain a smart appearance.
- To patrol all areas of the Centre regularly and systematically to always ensure safety of property against theft, be it committed by employees or intruders and to report any occurrence or fault to the controller on duty for recording purposes and further action. To take charge of any lost property and ensure all contents are logged on the relevant register.
- To abide by the agreed standards of appearance, presentation and code of conduct issued document and ensuring all company policies are clearly understood.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
- Good communication skills
- Good timekeeping
- Good manner
Experience not essential but all applicants must have a valid Door Supervisors Licence.