- Reference No: LO79
- Location: Blantyre
- Hours: Full Time 38hrs Mon-Thur
- Salary: £NLW
Blantyre based Company are one of Scotland’s leading trade providers of Highland Wear. They make made to measure garments for customers in the UK and worldwide with views to expanding in the near future.
Due to a recent company growth They are currently in need of a garment presser to work on their busy factory floor. This will include pressing jackets, waistcoats and trousers using industrial pressing equipment.
The role is full time working 38hours Monday to Thursday
Overtime opportunities are also available during busy periods.
We Operate a basic salary plus bonus system and salary can vary on experience which can be discussed at interview.
There would however be and opportunity for piece work if required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Check garments in order to see any problems with manufacture.
- Provide feedback regarding problems to the supervisor.
- Straighten garments that need to be pressed.
- Figure out what heat clothes should be pressed on, depending on the cloth.
- Set up and calibrate pressing machines.
- Feed clothes into machines and set dials and gauges.
- Clean and maintain pressing machines and hot and steam irons on a regular basis.
- Apply finishing touches to clothes pressed in machines, by using hand or steam irons.
- Adjust the temperature of irons and ironing machines.
- Assist in performing the pre and post treatment of stains on clothes and linen.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of work areas, such as ironing boards.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
Full training will be given to all suitable candidates however at least 1 year industry experience is preferred
- CPC preferred
- Traffic experience an advantage