- Reference No: SA236
- Location: Cambuslang
- Hours: Full Time (7.45am-3.45pm)
- Salary: To be discussed
Cambuslang based Care Home require a Domestic Assistant to work as part of their team to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the Care Home, whilst ensuring a safe, comfortable environment at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the highest standards of efficiency and cleanliness within all areas of the care home.
- En-suites, toilets, baths and hand basins to be cleaned daily.
- Plants should be kept watered and dead flowers removed before they become unsightly.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to perform unpleasant cleaning duties. These duties are to be carried out with diplomacy so as not to cause undue distress or embarrassment to the resident.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed in line with Standard Infection Control Procedures.
- Safely operate domestic trolleys, chemicals, vacuum, mops etc ensuring they are not left unattended.
- Ensure that all laundry is placed in the appropriate bags at all times.
- Ensure all pads are placed in appropriate clinical bags and placed in bins provided.
- Greet visitors in a friendly manner and be able to answer the telephone politely and correctly, bringing any messages to the attention of the person in charge.
- Complete Cleaning Record daily
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and attend all mandatory training.
- To undertake any other duties within the scope of this job description, at your normal place of work or at any of the company’s homes.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
- Have a good sound working knowledge of the safe use of equipment and help maintain the equipment in good, clean working order by regularly emptying bags, correct storage of cleaning materials, equipment etc.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures ensuring that working practice reflects the guidance provided
- Previous experience preferred but not essential.