- Reference No: SA229
- Location: Cambuslang
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary: D.O.E
High growth relocation, storage and distribution company, based in Cambuslang, servicing international, commercial and domestic clients.
We’re independently owned business with our drivers at the heart of our operation and fully believe in creating exciting and amazing opportunities to everyone who works with us.
As a business we are hungry and driven to recruiting Class 2 drivers to become part of our high achieving removal team, that work together to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Competitive salary with a review after three months.
- 28 days holiday per year inclusive of public holidays.
- Peninsula Perk Box – Staff Discount Scheme.
- Onsite parking.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Export wrapping and packing people’s personal goods, either into packages or into cartons (training will be given).
- Must treat people’s items with due care and respect.
- Numbering and labelling boxes and packages correctly.
- Taking an inventory of the items that have been packed and wrapped.
- Returning goods to our warehouse where they will be stored in wooden containers or loading them into a 20’ or 40’ container either at warehouse or at the customers residence.
- Offloading 20’or 40’ containers either at customer residence or at our warehouse.
- Check numbers off bingo sheet to ensure the correct number of pieces are within the shipment.
- If container is being offloaded at residence, we would place everything where the customer request, unwrap and set up of furniture, empty boxes onto a flat surface.
- There is a requirement for basic assembly of furniture, i.e., beds, coffee tables etc. Training will be given if required.
- There will be occasions when you will be required to work away from home.
- Driving all over the UK.
- Collecting and loading of vehicle for goods to be returned to warehouse or delivered en route back to Glasgow.
- Hours could be between 6.30am and 5pm Mon-Fri with occasional weekend work.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
- Driven, hungry, enthusiastic.
- Highly reliable and great timekeeper.
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance.
- A positive and friendly attitude.
- Written and verbal English combined with a great understanding of filling in delivery documents correctly.
- Work as part of a team and use own initiative when working alone.
- Used to driving long distance as trips down south may be required on a periodic basis.
- Previous experience of removals is a MUST and be physically fit and used to lifting heavy furniture.
- Full UK driving licence with no more than three points.