- Reference No: LO108
- Location: Cambuslang
- Hours: Part Time
- Salary: Competitive depending on experience & qualifications
An opportunity has arisen for Qualified & Trainee Childcare Practitioners, who are highly motivated and enthusiastic to join our After School Club based in Cambuslang.
Within this role you will be caring for children from primary 1 to primary 7 and will be based indoors & outdoors enabling children to embrace freedom and space, expand their creativity and attention spans resulting in a positive impact on play and learning.
If you are fun loving, love developing young minds, have a passion for the outdoors and fit the criteria below then we want to hear from you.
Competitive Salary depending on experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing a fun & safe environment that meets the care and welfare needs of the children.
- Completing necessary health and safety checks as and when requested.
- Building positive relationships with children and parents/carers.
- Planning and leading a variety of fun filled adventures & activities with the children.
- Collecting children from school, escorting them to the After School Club in a safe and efficient manner.
- Preparing healthy snacks for children as directed from the weekly menu as devised in partnership with the children.
- Updating and maintaining children’s development/activity profiles.
- Providing strong mentoring and fulfilling the role of key worker for an identified group of children within the service.
- Participating in training and ongoing development courses of study in order to maintain high standards of practice and maintaining requirements for registration with Scottish Social Services Council.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experience etc
- SVQ Level 3 in Childcare, or equivalent (for the Qualified Position)
- Will to work towards qualifications (Trainee)
- Experience of being a key worker or equivalent, making observations and maintaining individual learning journals.
- Proven knowledge of GIRFEC and SHANARRI, children’s development and all aspects of child safeguarding.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to cope and prioritise conflicting demands and make decisions effectively.
- Have a positive attitude with a genuine desire to be the best you can be.
- Conscientious and reliable.
- A full driving licence would be advantageous.
- We require candidates to have a relevant qualification but will consider candidates with relevant experience for the trainee role.
- Employment is subject to an updated enhanced PVG check.