- Reference No: LO57
- Location: New Lanark
- Hours: Part Time/Full Time (16-35hrs|)
- Salary: NLW (Negotiable)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented & enthusiastic Baker to join the team at our busy160 seat café. The rate of pay is negotiable and will vary depending on skills and experience. This will mostly be a part time position baking 3 days per week as required, however there is scope to increase to full time should a candidate be willing to give support to the kitchen team out with baking days. This can be discussed at interview. You must have strong baking knowledge and have a creative flare.
• Competitive Rate of Pay.
• Career progression and development opportunities.
• Staff meal on duty.
• Use of leisure facility at our hotel.
• Free onsite parking.
• Flexible working pattern.
• Opportunity to gain an SVQ Qualification.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- You will have a real passion for your craft and be eager to introduce a new selection of homemade cakes, scones, tray bakes and gateaux’s.
- You will work closely with our Catering Manager to deliver a comprehensive range of homemade produce, including gluten free products.
- You will be tasked with ensuring stock levels are accurate for the days business and be able to plan for upcoming group visits.
- You will be responsible for your area within the kitchen and will ensure hygiene policies are adhered to.
- When required you will assist the café team and give support when needed throughout the day.
- You will ensure all home baking is to the highest standard to meet and exceed our visitor expectations.
Employer Expectations Skills/Knowledge/Experiences
- At least 2 years baking experience.
- Passion for baking and willingness to develop.
- Ability to work on your own.
- Good time management and ability to work under pressure.
- A form of professional bakery qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Hygiene procedures and processes.